One of the best practices for gaining exposure for your business is having a marketing strategy that incorporates proven social media best practices. Obviously, the very best way is to do so without draining your budget.
The average person spends, on average, 3+ hours plus each day on social media. In fact, roughly 74% of online adults browse social media with Facebook seeing the most activity.
With so many social networking platforms out in the world, what is the best way to maximise your own efforts? There’s no need for it to be overly difficult either, you just need to keep these social media best practices in mind.
Set Measurable Goals for Your Social Media Best Practices Strategy
You should start by identifying just how you want your social media efforts you gain more traction and exposure for your business. Establishing measurable goals is going to help you in setting objectives that can be tracked. This in turn will help you identify what’s working, what needs to change and allows you to focus.
Common strategic social goals and objectives include:
- Building Your Brand Awareness: This involves getting people to know your name and give the public a positive perception of you and your business.
- Increase Your Customer Base: Drive traffic to your social media pages or your website if you have one.
- Bolster Your Customer Service: Help existing customers with your services or products, engage with potential new customers or clients by answering questions.
Choose the Right Social Media Networks
It’s no big secret that online activities like engaging on social platforms is time consuming. Trying to manage all of them is not likely going to help and it’s just going to dilute your resources and take away from channels that you might have more success with.
Us e your target customer as a starting point and the networks they are more likely to be engaging with. The ability to narrow down your social media best practices strategy will give that extra time to cerate the content that your followers want to see.
Be Sure to Brand Your Social Media Profile Pages
Your company image needs to consistent across all channels, websites and emails. This not only builds you a stronger brand but always boosting brand awareness. Make it as easy as possible for people for customers to recognise your brand by maintaining your business image across the following areas:
- Logo. You should always the same logotype for your brand. Your logo is a massive visual aid that is going to stick in the minds of your audience.
- Images. Other images and photos can also be customised across your channels and also act a visual identifier, further strengthening your brand.
- Business Description. A clear, easy to read and understand “about us” also needs to be consistent across your online presence. It’s important to get to the point using the fewest amount of words. The reader needs to be able to grasp who you are and what you do, quickly.
Each platform has size specifications when it comes to profile photographs and cover images. Read the requirements and find what fits for each.